19. Satisfy specific legacies through sales, auction, etc, of assets
20.Financial: Valuation of assets as basis for the following: probate fee, deemed disposition of capital properties, source of funds for taxable income, cash flow needs, accounting records (if accounting passed), executor’s compensation.
21. Set aside funds or estimated debts, taxes (including capital gains taxes) and executor’s compensation.
22. Arrange for payments of other debts, legacies, etc. These may wait for estate liquidation.
23. Income tax: prepare and file final returns to date of death. Use prior returns as templates. File any missing years. Consider special returns for year of death, and special elections (including opt-outs and spousal rollovers). Determine if estate will earn income after death, and how to manage related taxes and/or allocations.
24. Interim payments to beneficiaries may be appropriate, but be areful. Keep beneficiaries up to date with timely financial statements.